Janelle Y. and H.L. Hembree have established four $1000 grants for University of Arkansas at Fort Smith students who are Eagle Scouts. This new program will continue to award grants as they become available for future school years.
Purpose: the purpose of the Hembree Eagle Scout Scholarship Fund shall be to provide $1,000 annual scholarship for up to four students for up to four years for those who have earned the rank of Eagle Scout, and who are attending the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith.
Administration: Selection of the recipient(s) will be the responsibility of the Scholarship Committee of the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith. In making the selection(s), the following criteria will be used:
1. The student(s) may be either a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior;
2. The student(s) may be undergraduate transfer student(s);
3. The student(s) must have achieved the rank of Eagle Scout form within the Westark Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and must provide proof of certification from such Council;
4. The students(s) shall meet the minimum criteria for admission as a freshman or required continuation by sophomores, juniors or seniors;
5. In the event that more applicants meet the above criteria than there are scholarships available, the preference will be given to the candidates who have demonstrated the most leadership in the scouting program and with the candidates’ communities;
6. The scholarships are renewable for up to four years, provided the recipient(s) continues to meet all the above criteria.
For more information check the UA Fort Smith website
- Scouting University at University of Arkansas
- Five Star University of Scouting – Jan 26, 2008
- Eagle Scout Victims Help Others at Virginia Tech
- Boy Scouts of America Gerald R. Ford Council Mourns Loss of the Nation’s First Eagle Scout President
- 5 Star University of Scouting in Wisconsin on Jan 27, 2007