A 15-year-old Maldive Boy Scout saved the President of Maldives from an assassination attempt earlier today.
Speaking with the people of Hoarafushi, the President said that he was grateful to Almighty Allah for saving him. He thanked Mohamed Jaisham Ibrahim, a Boy Scout of Hoarafushi who saw the assailant’s attempt and successfully deflected the attack. He also thanked the boy’s family, wished Jaisham a speedy and full recovery, expressing sadness over the fact that the boy suffered serious injuries.
Read more from the Associated Press: Boy Scout Saves Leader of the Maldives
Hat Tip: John at OAImages.
- 14-Year-Old Boy Scout Saves Family
- Boy Scout Saves Nebraska Toddler Floating Down River
- BSA Volunteers Earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Boy Scouts of America Gerald R. Ford Council Mourns Loss of the Nation’s First Eagle Scout President
- President Bush Recognizes 400th USA Freedom Corps Greeter for Dedication to Volunteer Service