The York-Adams Area Council welcomes Sally Dixon as the new council president. Dixon has served on the council executive board since 1997 where she has been involved with the finance committee and Distinguished Citizens Dinners. Dixon is the President and CEO of Memorial Health Systems. In addition to her work and commitment to Boy Scouts, Dixon has also been involved with United Way of York County, American Red Cross, Better York, American Heart Association, White Rose Foundation, and the Cultural Alliance of York.
Dixon’s involvement with Boy Scouts stems from belief that children benefit from a strong foundation in order to grow and develop. As council president, Dixon feels one of her most important responsibilities is to support volunteers and ensure they have the resources needed to deliver quality programs to our Scouts.
- Boy Scouts of America Gerald R. Ford Council Mourns Loss of the Nation’s First Eagle Scout President
- Katahdin Area Council to honor Dr. John Winkin
- Mid-America Council receives national awards, area leaders selected to key scouting roles
- New Scout Executive to clean up Atlanta Area Council Membership Mess
- Jayhawk Area Council launches redesigned website