A group of Boy Scouts donated their time this week, along with members of the New Braunfels Tree of Lights Committee, helping replace over 2500 light bulbs for the New Braunfels Tree-lighting event.
In past years, only the bulbs that had burned out were replaced, meaning that more bulbs would go out after the tree had been put up. Upon hearing this, NRG Saver Supply donated enough light bulbs to replace all of them! Half way through the scheduled work day, though, the New Braunfels Tree of Lights Committee realized it would take a lot more people to replace so many bulbs.
Scouts from Troop 381, along with their Scout Master and other family members, came by to help out! “We love the opportunity to help people in the community,” said Scout Master Clint Brown.
The event is scheduled to take place Tuesday, December 2nd from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and will include a meet-n-greet with Santa, carriage rides and the premiere of the Virtual Memory Wall.
- Texas Governor Commends the Valor and Prestige of the Boy Scouts of America
- Iraqi Boy Scouts Prepare for Jamboree
- Boy Scouts Help Police Nab Couple Suspected of Embezzling $5,000 from Cub Scouts
- Minor League Baseball Teams and the Boy Scouts Pitch In to Prepare for Emergencies Nationwide.
- Ogden City Receives Flags from Boy Scouts of America