The $25 million Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders capital campaign recently achieved 75% of goal.
“This important campaign will help Northern Star Council better deliver Scouting’s proven programs to all youth by equipping volunteers with the needed tools and facilities for the next 100 years,” said campaign chair Fritz Corrigan.
In 2008, the Council purchased property at Fort Snelling to establish Northern Star Base Camp, an urban program center. Base Camp is the centerpiece of the Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders campaign. Construction will begin this year and will be ready to open in time for the 100th anniversary of Scouting in the Twin Cities on October 1, 2010.
The campaign will invest millions into camp facilities at Many Point, Tomahawk, Stearns, Phillippo, Kiwanis, and Fred C. Andersen properties. Additional investments in the camp maintenance endowment will make all camp facilities relevant for years to come.
For additional information on the Shaping Tomorrow’s Leaders capital campaign, or to make a financial contribution, please contact Rob Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-254-9159. Thank you to the many who have contributed generously to this campaign’s efforts to affect the lives of thousands of youth now and into the next century.
- San Francisco Bay Area Council Invests $1.1 Million in Camp Properties
- Greater St. Louis Area Council Collected 2.2 million Cans of Food
- Northern New Jersey Council Welcomes New Scout Executive
- Trone Named Agency Of Record For Boy Scouts Of America’s Old North State Council
- L.A. Dodger’s Catcher Honored for Scouting Campaign