The National Scouting Museum is hosting a Pinewood Derby Race on February 28, 2009.
According to the Flyer there will be fun & prizes and admission to the Museum is $3 for everyone. Reservations are required, call 972.580.2467 to make a reservation.
View the original 2009 National Scouting Museum Pinewood Derby Flyer (pdf).
Race Day Schedule:
11:00 a.m. Registration Begins
12:30 p.m. Tiger
12:50 p.m. Bear
1:00 p.m. Wolf
1:20 p.m. Webelos I & II
1:40 p.m. Siblings
2:00 p.m. Final race
* All start times are approximate.
Double elimination will be used if necessary
Pinewood Derby Rules:
• The car weight shall not exceed 5 ounces and the length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
• The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 3/4” and it must have 1 3/4” clearance between
• The car must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
• The wood and wheels provided in the kit must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled,
beveled, or rounded.
• The axles supplied with the kit must be used. Wheel bearings, washers, bushings, or springs are
• The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
This is another great opportunity to extend the Pinewood Derby Racing season!