AT&T has committed to be a major sponsorship of the 2010 National Scout Jamboree. As part of their commitment, they plan to place numerous portable cellular phone towers featuring both closed and open systems.
The Jamboree Director, John Alline, also announced that cell phone recharging will not be allowed in the medical tents. They are currently working on other options, which may involve fee based recharging stations. In addition there will be no pay phones, however there may be a tent sponsored by AT&T with cell phones available for scouts to call home for free.
- Newly-Formed Youth Services Team to Support Youth Staff at 2010 Jamboree
- Prospective 2010 National Jamboree Staffers Recieve Their Staff Patch
- Health and Safety Service Splits up for 2010 National Jamboree
- National BSA Releases 2010 Jamboree Promo Video
- Spring Cleaning: Area Boy Scouts Prepared to Relieve Folks of Extra Cell Phones