The National Capital Area Council Scout Executive Selection Committee has announced that it has chosen Les Baron as the new National Capital Area Council (NCAC) Scout Executive. Mr. Baron is currently the Orange County Council Scout Executive. He will begin his assignment with NCAC on April 16, 2010.
Prior to serving in Orange County, Les was the Scout Executive in Tampa, Florida and Griffin, Georgia. He began his career in the Smoky Mountain Council in Knoxville, Tennessee in 1981.
According to a Council news release, “We are looking forward to having Les guide our Council to fulfill the vision of the strategic plan, serving more youth with an unsurpassed quality program and continuing our traditions as the ‘flagship council of America.’”
- Larry Pritchard To Now Lead the National Scout Jamboree
- 11th Annual ATT Golf Classic Raises More Than $325,000 for Orange County Council
- Detroit Area Council and Clinton Valley Council to Merge
- Central Region Appoints Interim Chicago Area Council Scout Executive
- Mid-America Council receives national awards, area leaders selected to key scouting roles