After the holidays food banks around the country see a shortage of food as the holiday cheer and helping spirit seems to take back burner to springtime activities. Not for Scouts around Flint, Michigan. They’ve collected over 40,000 pounds of food in their 26th annual Scouting for Food drive. Scouts in Utah have collected over 1 million pounds of food to help their neighbors. How many pounds have your area Scouts collected?
Call your local food bank and see if there is a way to integrate Scouting for Food into your program to help re-stock their shelves.
- Boy Scouts Break Food Drive Record
- Renowned American Psychologist Trains Haitian Boy Scouts to Give Mental Support to Haiti Earthquake Survivors
- Irving, Texas and Gondola Adventures Team up in Support of the BSA
- Scouts do a good turn for the Jeffco Action Center
- Greater St. Louis Area Council Collected 2.2 million Cans of Food