Mike Rowe’s Offer to all Eagle Scouts!

You have probably read Mike Rowe of ‘Dirty Jobs’ Eagle Scout Perspective, but there is more! Mike is now writing customized letters to Eagle Scouts.

According to Mike’s website, he has written a Eagle Scout Congratulations letter that he will personalize and sign for any Eagle Scout that requests it. You can actually read a copy of the letter in his website’s forums. (you have to register to download the attachment) It is filled with more great advice for Eagle Scouts.

To receive the letter from Mike Rowe of ‘Dirty Jobs’ all you have to do is mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Eagle Scout Letter
Pilgrim Films and Television
6180 Laurel Canyon Blvd., #350
No. Hollywood, CA 91606

A small disclaimer on Mike’s website:

Please allow 12+ weeks for Mike to fill it out, sign it and get it in the mail to you. And folks – this is an offer, a nice thing, a volunteer deal Mike wants to do for you – please don’t complain if it takes a while to get to you, OK? It’ll get handled as quickly as possible…

Related Posts

Comments

[…] Mike Rowe’s Offer to all Eagle Scouts! […]

Mike~ My son, Tyler 16, is involved in a fabulous Troop in N. Olmsted, Oh. He is presently working on Eagle Rank and is very much looking forward to his big day. He has plans and goals of how to get their which leads me to your letter. After watching all my son has accomplished and how he goes about it along with the leaders and their encouragment and all of our parental support, your letter couldn’t be more true to this HONOR. As a Scout – You work hard, you sweat, you even sometimes enjoy the hard work, but you truly know what your rewards are; as the scout, if you truly want it, you’ll reach out and grab it! We are very proud of our son; his leaders see great leadership and growth in him; but most of all…he’s beginning to feel the great leadership within himself; and as he puts it…he feels pretty fantastic about it!
In May, our Troop will be having a double Eagle Court of Honor for two of our boys….we average about one per year. However, each and every one of them is unique in their own way of truly wanting and how they achieved Eagle. So maybe next year it will be our son’s turn…that’s his plan!
Thanks Mike for your encourageing honest words. (and Thanks for all your great shows on Dirty Jobs)

By Monique on April 24th, 2009 at 8:26 am

Mike;

Thank you. Your letter to the prospective Eagle Scout is dead on, balls accurate! A lot of scouts and even more of their parents just don’t get it. Getting an Eagle badge is 21 merit badges and an eagle project. Becoming an Eagle Scout is considerably more.
After 40 years in the scouting program, an Eagle myself and father of three Eagle sons, I believe I’ve earned the right to commend you for being an outstanding representative of Eagle Scouts.
Thanks for your great support of Scouting.
Tom Reis
Eagle Scout 1965

By Tom Reis on September 10th, 2009 at 9:14 am

Dear Mike,

It is such an honor to recieve this letter. Who better to represent Scouting and particularly the Eagle award! Thank you for your time; I know it is a huge effort on your part.

My son and eight of his buddies, who have been in scouting together since Tiger Cubs, are all recieving their Eagle award April 24, 2010.

We are all proud parents and thrilled the boys will have your letter in their book of congratulatory letters.
Betsy

By Betsy O'Hara on December 15th, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Dear Mike,
I just found out that you are an Eagle Scout!! My son Wayne L. Mitchum, became an Eagle Scout, at the age of 15 (June 11, 2007). He has 60 Merit Badges and 6 Eagle Palms. I sent you a picture of him, with a self addressed envelope to recieve a signed letter from you. My son is now 18 years old and a Senior in High School. He has to do a Senior project in order to Graduate. His Senior Project is going to be on the HISTORY OF BOY SCOUTS AND THE ROAD TO EAGLE SCOUT!! This is how we found out that you are an Eagle Scout, also. We also LOVE YOUR SHOW “DIRTY JOBS” KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

By Eagle Scout Mom, Wendy H. Crow on February 11th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Dear Mike,
I forgot to let you know that Wayne L. Mitchum is now and Assistant Scout Master with his Troop!! And he has been excepted to JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY IN CHARLOTTE, NC for Culinary Arts. He wants to become a CHEF!!

By Eagle Scout Mom, Wendy H. Crow on February 11th, 2010 at 4:55 pm

hey mike i am your bigest fan and hae you ever put a crain to gether

By jessie dias on February 17th, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Mike: Thanks for being a positive role model for young youth all around the United States. My son Kyle has recently earned his Eagle Merit Badge and we are very proud but it was no stopping him once he heard your encourgement thanks. Sue

By Sue Lemke on July 29th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Mike,
My son William is at the 2010 National Jamboree in VA. He is a big fan of yours. Our family was able to watch the arena show last night via live feed at Yawgoog Scout Reservation in RI. WOW what a show! You were the best part of the show. What a wonderful message you sent to all of those Scouts.
Loved the shirt too! I’ve just ordered 3 of them. I hope to get the shirts before he gets home from VA.
Hopefully I will be requesting an Eagle letter from you in the future

By Sue Hay on August 1st, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Please note that the address for the Eagle letter requests has been changed. You’ll always find the most current information here: http://www.mikeroweworks.com/scrap-yard/eagle-scout-letter/

Thanks!

By sam on August 6th, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Search in the site

DISCLAMER:
Scoutingnews.org It is not officially affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America, the Girl Scouts of the USA or the World Organization of Scout Movements.