The federal government and technology industry provides tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How ScoutingNews Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how ScoutingNews treats personal information that ScoutingNews collects and receives, including information related to your past use of ScoutingNews services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that ScoutingNews does not own or control, or to people that ScoutingNews does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
ScoutingNews may collect personal information when you visit ScoutingNews pages through Google Analytics. ScoutingNews may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
ScoutingNews collects information about your transactions with us and any of our business partners, including information about your use of the services that we offer.
ScoutingNews uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
ScoutingNews does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ScoutingNews under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help ScoutingNews communicate with you about offers from ScoutingNews and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent’s permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. We cannot monitor nor have the means filter out users. Therefore, parents have the option of allowing ScoutingNews to collect and use their child’s information without consenting to ScoutingNews sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We transfer information about you if ScoutingNews is acquired by or merged with another company.
ScoutingNews displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- ScoutingNews does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- ScoutingNews works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
ScoutingNews may set and access ScoutingNews cookies on your computer.
Advertisers or other companies do not have access to ScoutingNew’s cookies.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to our staff who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
ScoutingNews may update this policy at any time without notice.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please email us at: email@example.com.